New Delhi: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has recently launched the most anticipated Unified Payment Interface (UPI) feature for smart phones. This new service — UPI 123PAY — will allow more than 40 million feature phone users to access the popular digital transaction platform without an Internet connection. 123PAY enables feature phone users to digitally perform a multitude of transactions based on four technology alternatives. They include calling an IVR (interactive voice response) number, app functionality in feature phones, missed call based approach and also proximity sound based payments.
Here is a step by step guide to transfer money via 123PAY via IVR number with your feature phones.
Steps to create a UPI ID to use 123PAY:
– Dial the IVR number (080 4516 3666, 080 4516 3581 or 6366 200 200) from your multifunction phone with the mobile number linked to your bank account.
– During the IVR call, mention the name of the bank of the account for which you wish to register for UPI banking.
– All accounts of the selected bank will be listed. Choose the account you want.
– The user is then prompted to set the UPI PIN code. You can set your UPI PIN in a few simple steps. You need to enter the last six digits of your bank debit card and the OTP received from the bank. After validating this information, you can set a 4/6 digit UPI PIN code for your account.
– If your UPI PIN for the selected account is already set before, you can skip the above step of UPI PIN setup.
– User profile is created based on the linked bank account
– After completing the above steps, users can start using 123PAY service via IVR number feature from their feature phones to make digital payments.
Here is how to transfer money via IVR number:
– Call the IVR number (080 4516 3666, 080 4516 3581 or 6366 200 200) from the registered feature phone and select payment type — select Money Transfer here.
– Now you will first be validated for registration completion and then directed to the selected option.
– For funds transfer, enter the mobile phone number of the beneficiary to whom you want to transfer funds.
– Confirm the details.
– Now enter the amount you want to transfer.
– Enter your UPI PIN and authorize the money transfer. The transaction will now be completed by debiting your account and crediting the recipient’s account.