- You cannot directly transfer money from Venmo to PayPal, but you can use a bank account to do so.
- The process requires a few more steps and a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account, but they’re easy to set up.
- The transfer from Venmo will take a few days if you want it for free, but you can pay a 1% fee to transfer your money instantly.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
There is no direct route from Venmo to PayPal when it comes to mixing your funds between them.
But it is also not a very difficult thing to achieve. You will just need a single bank account linked to each service and a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account to get started.
Here’s how to do it using the Venmo app for iPhone and Android, and the PayPal website or mobile app.
Discover the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (from $ 699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (from $ 899.99 at Best Buy)
How to transfer money from Venmo to PayPal
1. Transfer your Venmo balance to your bank using the Venmo mobile app. You can do this on iOS and Android. The process will take one to three business days if you want it done for free, but if you’re in a rush you can pay an instant 1% transfer fee for immediate access to your funds.
2. Sign in to PayPal on a desktop or in the mobile app.
3. PayPal now requires the creation of a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account to transfer money to your PayPal account. It sounds intimidating, but don’t worry. If you have a verified account, you are already able to maintain a balance and are configured to transfer funds to your balance.
4. Tap “Add Money” or “Transfer Money” under your PayPal balance.
5. Transfer the same amount of money to your PayPal account that you transferred to Venmo’s bank.