In the 21st century, methods of transferring funds have evolved and now incorporate technology for simpler, safer and faster transactions. In the past, transferring money to relatives or friends in a distant location was always a hassle. Nowadays, the process is simple and fast. For example, if you live in Nigeria and want to send money to someone in Ghana, there are different methods, the easiest being mobile money. But how do you deal? Find out how to transfer funds from Nigeria to Ghana mobile money.
PAY ATTENTION: Check the news which is chosen exactly for you ➡️ to find “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!
What is a money transfer? It is a monetary process initiated from a bank or Financial institution to another. Instead of cash, participating institutions exchange information about the recipient, the bank receiving the funds and the amount awarded. The sender prepays the transaction to his bank. The benefits of cash transfer include flexibility and convenience, a low surcharge, and the ability to conduct non-cash transactions.
How to Transfer Money from Nigeria to Ghana Mobile Money
Can you send mobile money from Nigeria to Ghana? Yes you can. There are different methods to send funds from one country to another in Africa. For example, a popular method is MTN mobile money transfer. This method is among the most popular because MTN is the most used carrier in the region.
With that in mind, here are the steps to transfer funds using MTN international mobile money transfer.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you like reading our stories? Join YEN.com.gh’s telegram channel for more!
- Check that the recipient has activated their MTN mobile money account and that you have his mobile number.
- Select “Mobile Money Transfer” from the list of MTN services.
- Choose ‘MTN mobile money’ as the payment network.
- Choose the currency and amount to send. The fees and exchange rate will be displayed immediately.
- When the transfer is complete, you and the recipient will receive an SMS notification.
What’s The Easiest Way To Send Money From Nigeria To Ghana?
Money transfers from Nigeria to Ghana can be done in different ways. MoneyGram is an easy way to send money to Ghana via a mobile wallet. MoneyGrama platform for international money transfers and other financial services with online and physical locations, is a popular method.
Customers can pay bills, send money to friends and family overseas, and more with reasonable costs and great exchange rates.
Here is some important information about using the platform and sending funds to a recipient’s mobile wallet.
- You must have the recipient information before completing the transaction: Visit the nearest MoneyGram branch or access the website. Please give them your full legal name, phone number (including international dialing code) and address.
- Choose “Mobile Wallet” as the receiving method: when asked how you want the funds to be delivered, you must select “mobile wallet”. The next steps are to provide the amount sent and how to pay. After completing these steps, you can send the desired amount to your destination.
- Notification: Once complete, you and the recipient will receive a notification that the funds have been successfully transferred to their mobile wallet.
Can I send money from Ghana to a Nigerian bank account?
Yes you can. According BMS Ghana, you can send money from Ghana to a Nigerian bank account using Guaranty Trust Money Transfer (GTMT). But what is Guaranty Trust Money Transfer (GTMT)? It is a web-based platform that allows customers and non-customers to send remittances to family, friends and business partners in Nigeria (up to $10,000) in cash or from their accounts.
When a transaction is completed, funds sent via this medium become immediately available for payment.
Therefore, the steps below should guide you if you are wondering how to transfer money from Ghana to a Nigerian bank account.
- On your mobile device, navigate to and launch your GT World app.
- Provide bank ID and password to login.
- Next, tap the transfer icon in the menu.
- Enter the recipient’s number and the amount to transfer. However, make sure you select the correct account type and the account you wish to transfer the funds from.
- The recipient’s name will automatically display if the account number is correct.
- Provide notes for your transfer.
- You must provide a token code or PIN to complete the transfer.
Once you follow the above procedure, you will have transferred funds from your Ghanaian GTB bank account to a recipient in Nigeria.
How to transfer money from Ghana to Nigeria using mobile money
A popular method of transferring funds from Ghana to Nigeria is through MTN MoMo (mobile money). According at MTN, the service is a fast, easy, convenient, secure, and inexpensive way to transfer money, make payments, and perform other transactions using a mobile phone. MTN provides the service in conjunction with more than ten partner banks.
Can you transfer money from Ghana to Nigeria? Yes, you can by following the steps below.
- Dial the short code *170#.
- Choose the first option (transfer money) and send.
- Then select option five (other networks).
- Select the option associated with the network you wish to transfer funds to.
- Enter the recipient’s phone number.
- On the next screen, confirm the phone number.
- Indicate the amount you wish to send.
- Enter the transaction reference.
- Finally, enter your MoMo PIN to confirm.
How can I send money to Ghana by mobile money?
Different methods are available to send money from most destinations in the world to Ghana. One such popular method is the Remittly app, an internet-based money transfer service that offers international money transfers to over 135 countries. You can easily send money to Ghana through the platform.
- Make sure you have a smartphone with the required app installed (Remitly app).
- Create an account and register the required details if you are a new user.
- Then select Ghana as the destination country.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Select your delivery speed, then choose “mobile money” as the delivery method.
- Then select ‘MTN mobile money’ as the location.
- Enter your recipient’s phone number and full name.
- Enter your payment information.
- Finally, press send.
You will have successfully transferred funds to Ghana by following the steps above. However, it should be noted that the funds will reach the recipient in the local currency.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a money transfer? It is an initiated transfer from one bank or financial institution to another. Instead of cash, participating institutions exchange information about the recipient, the bank receiving the funds and the amount transferred.
- What’s The Easiest Way To Send Money From Nigeria To Ghana? One of the easiest ways to send funds from these neighboring countries is through money transfer platforms such as Money Gram, Remitly, and MTN MoMo.
- How can I send money to Ghana by mobile money? You can transfer the funds effortlessly through the Remitly app. However, you must have an account on the platform before making a trade.
- Can you transfer money from Ghana to Nigeria? Yes you can. There are different ways you can use to achieve the goal. Mobile operators and banks offer simple alternatives to quickly transfer funds.
- Can you send mobile money from Nigeria to Ghana? Yes you can. There are different methods to send money from one country to another in Africa. For example, a popular method is MTN mobile money transfer.
- Can I send money from Ghana to a Nigerian bank account? Yes you can. According BMS Ghanayou can send money from Ghana to a Nigerian bank account using Guaranty Trust Money Transfer (GTMT).
How to transfer money from Nigeria to Ghana mobile money is a process that many users have found daunting. Transferring funds between these two countries via mobile money can be a problem for some. Fortunately, mobile operators and banks have solved the problem by making the transfer simple, efficient and affordable. However, you must register your details to secure your transactions in the event of a security breach.
Yen.com.gh recently published a detailed guide on NTC Portal. The National Teaching Council (NTC) is an agency within the Ministry of Education. It serves as a check and balance to the professionalism of teachers in the country. You must use the CNT portal to access the various services of the National Council for Education.
The NTC portal is one of the first stops for anyone interested in becoming a teacher with the Ghana Education Service (GES). With that in mind, learn more about the portal, such as registration, pending account activation, login instructions, and CPD points.
New feature: Check the news that are featured for you ➡️ find the “Recommended for you” block on the homepage and enjoy!