Abigail Abesamis Demarest
You can’t transfer money from Venmo to PayPal directly, but you can use a bank account to do so.
The process requires a few extra steps and a PayPal Balance account.
Transfers from your bank account to PayPal take three to five business days.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference Library for more stories.
Although Venmo and PayPal are similar in many ways, if you need to transfer funds between accounts, you will find that there is no direct way to do so.
That said, it’s not impossible to transfer funds from Venmo to PayPal – you just need to do a few extra steps.
Here’s how it’s done:
What to know before transferring money from Venmo to PayPal
Even though PayPal owns Venmo, there is no direct way to transfer money between the two mobile payment services.
Using the same bank account for Venmo and PayPal provides an indirect way to transfer funds between the two. To do this, you will need a PayPal Balance account (formerly known as PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus).
However, if you have a verified PayPal account, you can already carry a balance and are set up to transfer funds to your balance.
How to transfer money from Venmo to PayPal?
1. Open the Venmo application.
2. Go to the You tab and tap Transfer Balance.
3. Enter the amount you want to transfer, then choose Instant or 1-3 business days. Instant transactions will be charged 1.5% fee.
4. Select your bank account, then press the green transfer button.
5. Connect to PayPal.
6. Click the Wallet tabthen To transfer money.
7. Click add money to your balance.
8. Select your bank account, enter the amount you want to transfer, then click Add.